Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Abundance Kidded!

I went out to do the milking yesterday evening. (6-26-13) I checked on all my pregnant does and then started chores.  They all were laying around chewing their cud.  Just as I was finishing milking out Twinkie, Carolyn said she saw Abundance laying down pushing.  I just can't seem to tell when these goats are in labor!

So I finished up what I was doing and in the course of about ten minutes delivered triplets!  This is her first freshening so I was surprised.  She delivered two medium sized bucklings and a huge doe.  All very healthy and doing well.  I pulled the large doe off to bottle feed and left the two that were similarly sized on Abundance to be raised by her. 

This little buckling was born first.

Then this huge doeling was born.

Last but not least this sweet little guy!

Now I just have one more goat to kid.(Plenty)  She is very pregnant and uncomfortable in this Georgia heat.  Bless her heart. 

Blessings and happy farming,
susan



No comments:

Post a Comment