Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twinkies Six Week Old Kids



It was such a “spring like” day today here in the North Georgia Mountains.  I gave my children the day off from home schooling today so we could get some farm work done outside because it was so nice out. While working outside I saw Amelia and Mini Bell sunning themselves.  God is so good.  They are so cute and beautiful to me.   
                                      Twinkies babies Amelia and Mini Bell enjoying the warm sun.

I don't think I have ever seen a goat sit like a dog before!  Amelia (Earhart that is.  Her ears looked like airplane wings when she was born. To big for her small body.) sat like that for quite a while. 

                                                             Amelia and Mini Bell playing

Yellow, our farm dog, watching over the livestock

 I love to watch them play and jump around.  They are Twinkies babies that were born six weeks ago.  They are now drinking two 20 ounce bottles a day, one in the morning and one in the evening each.  I have seen them eating hay and just this week they started picking at and eating grain.  They together eat about a fourth of a cup of grain a day now.  They are growing well and I am very pleased with them.  I will worm them as soon as they are around eight weeks old and at eight weeks I will drop them down to only one bottle a day. (just the evening feeding) I have still not seen them chewing their cud yet at all.  So I guess they are still developing their rumen.  They should start to chew any time now.

blessings, 
susan

No comments:

Post a Comment