Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Roosters Are Growing and Crowing!

Every year I get some cheap heavy breed roosters to raise and butcher to put up in the freezer.  One of my favorite things about buying the heavy breed rooster special is you never know what you are going to get.  They just grab from the left over heavy breed roosters boxes for the day and ship them.


This year I got a lovely assortment of all kinds.

I love watching them grow up and mature.  They are so beautiful as they get all their lovely tail feathers and start crowing.  All of them so pretty except for the Naked Necks!(Tukens)

Having so many roosters practicing their crowing is very interesting in the mornings.  :)  I did notice we had a a few hens in this batch this year.  I will pull those out and find them homes.

I pray all your farming adventures are going well this year!

blessings and happy farming!
susan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment