Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Bluebell

Bluebell is such a good milker. Her mom was the best milk goat I had ever owned until Bluebell started milking.  I have so much milk that over a month ago I started milking her once a day.  I only milk her in the morning.  This is what her udder looks like every morning.


 This is how much milk God blesses us with by her every morning.  That is after we have went to one milking a day so her production has dropped.  That is after 12 hours of not being milked.  Those are half gallon jars.  She is still giving over a gallon once a day.  I am just amazed. 
I have never had a goat give so much milk and be so hard to dry off.  Her sister is good.  Twinkie gives almost a gallon a day milking her once a day right now.  Twinkie freshened in January.  So she should start to taper down some now.  I am working at drying her off.  My dad wants me to keep these last two larger goats from our old full sized herd.  So I will probebly retire Twinkie and never breed or  milk her again.  I have two of her little doelings from breeding her with Major Coco.  So I am hopeing those two will be good easy to milk little milkers and give us the smaller amount of milk we need around here now.  We just don't need the larger amounts we used to.

I also have Bluebells doe, Calfy, from this years breeding to Major Coco.  Same thing.  Hoping she will be a good little half gallon a day milker for us. 

Just wanted to share the reason why we are going to smaller goats.  We just don't need that kind of milk volume any more.  But was so grateful for it all these years.

Blessings and happy farming!
susan

No comments:

Post a Comment