Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mini Bell's Delivery

Mini Bell, my third and last goat I had bred for spring delivery, delivered on Monday.  She did a great job and easily delivered twins.  A large doe and a medium sized buckling.  They are beautiful. 

As many of you know I scrapped my full sized goat herd for Nigerian Dwarfs.  I did this because we no longer needed a gallon of milk a day, I needed smaller goats so I could handle them easier and that the Nigerians give a good amount of milk, if from good  milking lines, on way less grain. 

Before selling my best full sized milkers I decided to do a little experiment and bred my best La Mancha milkers to my best Nigerian Dwarf buck to get a few mid-sized milkers.  Mini Bell is one I got from those breedings.  So far I have been very happy with both the Nigerians and the mid-sized goats that have been bred and freshened.  I will be doing a post about what I think so far very soon.

Mini Bell freshened with a very nice first freshener udder.  However her teats are a bit narrow.

I am so happy all the goats have kidded.  All the kids have been sold and I can now just enjoy all the fresh daily milk. I can now also focus on my gardening which will need my full attention soon.

Blessings and Happy Farming!
susan

No comments:

Post a Comment