Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Milky Whey Delivers Again!

Our very pregnant goat Milky Whey delivered yesterday evening.  Carolyn and I went out to milk Amelia and Milky Whey was laying down pushing.  She quickly delivered three beautiful and healthy babies.  Two bucklings and a doe. 

This is the first buckling born. Sorry the picture is so blurry.  All of the babies in the baby pen were being very active.  He is the smaller of the two bucklings but very flashy!

The second buckling born is very sturdy and larger.  Very pretty as well.  White with black legs.
 Here they are together.

I think I am retaining the little doe as I have not kept a doe out of Milky Whey yet and she is very easy to hand milk and is a great little milker.  She is smaller than the two bucklings born but very nice as well.  She is very famine and dairy looking for sure.  She has a few grey moon spots on her!

This is Milky Whey's second freshening.  I really like this does genetics.  She is a sturdy, easy to hand milk, high production, little milk goat.  I got her at Double Durango Farm if you want to see where she came from.  I was so happy with her, her first freshening last year, that I kept a buck out of her (Whey's Waldo) to breed to some of my other does this fall.

I pray Spring in your life is wonderfully blessed as well!

Blessings and Happy Farming!

susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment