Proverbs 27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mid-sized Dairy Goats

I just wanted to share some pictures of how the mid-sized goats are growing.

The above is a picture of the differance in size so far of my little midsized goat Amelia at six months old as compared to my full grown full sized milker Bluebell.  See the udder on Bluebell!  She is a great milker Praise God.  We have been blessed to have her all these years that we did need her kind of milk production.  We had so many medically fragile children that needed goats milk for in their g-tubes or just because they could not tolerate cows milk.  We are blessed.

The full sized goats I have give over a gallon a day each when at their peak.  That was way more milk than we need anymore.  So I crossed my full sized good milkers (La Manchas) with my good Nigerian buck.  These does (in the foreground of the below picture) were born in January and are growing nicely.

I can tell already they will have very nice, long easy to milk teats as their moms and should give me about a half gallon a day once fresh.  The largest of the two, Amelia (brown with white), I will be breeding when she is eight months old in September.

I will breed her and one of my Nigerian does at the same time.  That will give me my spring milk for next year.

I will then breed her sister (Mini bell) in the spring.

When I breed her in the spring I will breed another one of  my Nigerian does...for my fall milk for next year.

I am very excited about seeing how they milk and am so very please so far in their growth, size and quality.

God is so good, always!  I always feel so very blessed in the life He has given me.  I am so grateful.

I will leave you with a few random pictures on the farm the last few weeks!



Blessings and Happy Farming!
susan

No comments:

Post a Comment